Four boys were taken captive and forced into servitude; yet, they refused to eat of the best food in the land. Puzzled, but willing, the king allowed them to continue with their strange diet. At the end, they appeared “fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king’s meat.” Further, they were found to be “ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers” in the entire realm. What was the secret? Is it available to us today?
1. What was the original diet given by God?
Then God said, ‘‘I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food” (Gen. 1:29, NIV).
2. What was added because sinned entered?
“Though shalt eat the herb of the field” (Gen. 3:18).
NOTE: The original diet was fruits, grains, and nuts. When sin entered, God added vegetables.
3. What was promised to the children of Israel if they obeyed God’s diet plan?
“If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee” (Ex. 15:26).
4. Why is our health so important?
“Your body is the temple of the Holy…therefore glorify God in your body” (1 Cor. 6:19, 20).
5. What will God do to those who defile their bodies?
“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are” (1 Cor. 3:17).
6. How can a Christians defile his body?
“You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean…Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those which I have set apart as unclean for you” (Leviticus 20:25, NIV).
7. What mammals and seafood are clean?
8. What birds are unclean?
“Every raven after his kind; And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind” (Leviticus 11:15, 16).
9. Are the laws about clean and unclean part of Moses’ ceremonial law? ____
“And the LORD said unto Noah…every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens…and of beasts that are not clean by two” (Gen. 7:1, 2).
10. How serious is eating unclean food to God?
“They that sanctify themselves…eating swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 66:17).
11. Will we eat flesh in heaven?
“The lion shall eat straw like the bullock…they shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 65:25).
12. Are you willing to follow God’s health laws and present your body as a holy, undefiled, temple to Him?
Other’s are beginning to find God’s Diet. See what this doctor has to say about about a healthy heart.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.