One of the original blessings that God gave to man was marriage, so it is no wonder that the devil is attempting to pervert and destroy it. Can this institution survive? Can your home be a little heaven on earth? Can you save your failing marriage? It isn’t too late. You’ve tried everything else; why not give God a chance?
1. Establish your “OWN” home.
“Therefore shall a man _________ his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Gen. 2:24).
2. Remember your love for each other.
“Above all, _______ each other _________, because love covers over a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8, NIV).
3. Remember that God joined you together as one flesh forever.
“For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be ____ ________?…What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder” (Matt. 19:5, 6).
4. Never go to bed angry at each other.
“Let not the sun go ________ upon your wrath” (Eph. 4:26).
5. Remember that Christ must be the builder of your home.
“Except the LORD _________ the house, they labour in vain that build it” (Ps. 127:1).
6. Pray together.
“Confess your faults one to another, and ______ one for _________, that ye may be healed” (James 5:16). (See also Matt. 5:23)
7. Agree that your marriage is forever.
“For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he _________ ” (Rom. 7:2).
8. Walk in God’s truth together.
“But if we ________ in the light, as He is in the light, we have _____________ one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His son cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).
9. Continue to rejoice with your wife.
“Let thy fountain be blessed: and ________ with the _____ of thy ________” (Prov. 5:18).
10. Live by God’s standard of love.
“_______ is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. _______ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. _______ never fails” (1 Cor. 13:4-8, NIV).
11. Avoid criticizing and nagging each other.
“It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman” (Prov. 21:19).
12. Be hospitable to each other.
“Offer hospitality to one another ________ __________.” (1 Peter 4:9, NIV).
13. Are you willing to have God make your home a taste of heaven on earth?